We are looking for a senior product manager who has current experience with leading cloud vendors and a strong understanding of the challenges of rolling out cloud services at scale. You will be excited about being “hands on” with teams across the company. The concept of “rolling your sleeves up” to learn and get involved will be motivating. As a key member of the product management team, you will be partnering with all teams to help define, redefine, and move our cloud strategy forward in new and innovative ways. Examples of your responsibilities are shown below.
- Understanding cloud use cases, feature requirements, business models and opportunities to engage and partner with cloud vendors.
- Actively engage with customers to learn about their experiences to enhance future customer experiences.
- Validating appliances/products in the cloud through cloud vendor programs.
- Engaging with the Executive Team to review and influence the cloud directional strategy.
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to create an integrated approach and roadmap for cloud focused products.
- Attend cloud events to connect with customers, partners, and leaders in the network observability market.
- Overall Goal – Customers from different verticals and business sizes are easily able to self-select a cPacket product and then following a delightful customer experience to achieve a rapid time to value.
- Deep understanding of public cloud services such as Azure, AWS and GCP and knowledge of modern private cloud architectures (VMware, Nutanix and OpenStack).
- Knowledge of the customers journey (and challenges) when migrating existing on-premises applications to cloud.
- Deep experience defining and building SaaS products and business models.
- Self-motivated, curious, open to learning and willing to adapt.
- Comfortable working in a startup like environment.
- Knowledge of typical PM tools and processes but willing to put forward new ideas.
- Clearly demonstratable verbal and written communication skills combined the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engineering degree in CS or EE with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Location – San Jose, CA or Portland, OR preferred but if you are the right person for the role lets talk.
- Some travel will be required depending on location