The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing support by applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate internal control procedures. The Senior Accountant will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Maintain and reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts as required.
- Reconcile cash accounts including operating and payroll bank accounts.
- Responsible for accounting for Fixed Assets that include recording acquisitions and dispositions, tracking and closing out project costs, and conducting periodic physical counts.
- Reconcile Prepaid Expenses, Intangible Assets, Deferred Rent, and various accrued expenses.
- Analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Assistance with inventory monitoring and management
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for Investors
- Assist with Travel & Entertainment expense reimbursement processing as needed.
- Assist with corporate card administration.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Responsible for Payroll administration and internal 401k administration collaborating with outside firm.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years progressive accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in public accounting. Big 4 experience preferred.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles.